Sustainability In Valemount
The Valemount Integrated Community Sustainability Plan (ICSP) was developed in 2012 and adopted by the community in 2013.
An ICSP helps:
- Communities avoid economic development pitfalls.
- Identify economic development opportunities within today’s major societal trends.
- Ensure the implementation of local environmental, social and economic values.
- Identify cost savings and new revenue streams for the Village, community groups, individuals, and businesses.
- Attract people to the community and to instill a greater sense of purpose.
- Give people access to more funding opportunities for infrastructure and services.