VISITOR INFORMATION CENTRE COUNSELLOR
Full-time and Part-time available
Do you love sharing local knowledge, and meeting people from all over the world? We are looking for people who are passionate about Valemount to be Visitor Information Counsellors. Reporting to the Visitor Centre Coordinator, the role of a Visitor Information Counsellor is to enhance the visitor experience.
• Identify visitor needs and provide accurate visitor information including advice for things to do, where to eat, and places to stay in a friendly & timely manner
• Respond to phone, email, and in-person inquiries
• Accurately record information related to each visitor party for reporting purposes
• Promote local tourism products, services, and events to encourage longer stays in the community
• Update files and reference materials
• Post current information of interest to visitors such as tourist alerts, road, and weather reports
• Process payments for retail merchandise and balance cash out report
• Restock shelves and update inventory as required
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience in customer service
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as a team and independently in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to demonstrate initiative
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Confident work with various forms of technology including desktop computers and payment processing software (training provided)
• Strong knowledge of local attractions and events
• Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Team environment
• Standing for extended periods, bending and lifting
• Must be able and willing to comply with the workplace communicable disease safety plan
Why work with us
• Work with our passionate team
• Have free access to certificated training courses
• Learn how to offer excellent customer service and gain valuable experience in the hospitality and tourism industry
• 25% staff discount
• Hiking and biking incentive to explore the Valemount area on your days off
• Letter of recommendation provided for counsellors who work the entire season
Starting wage is $17.00 per hour
Job Application Process
Students are encouraged to apply and school schedules will be accommodated.
Please send your letter of application and resume to the Visitor Centre Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line: Visitor Centre Counsellor Position.
Applications can also be mailed to: Village of Valemount, PO Box 168, Valemount BC, V0E 2Z0.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Village of Valemount is an equal opportunity employer. Our team and our visitors come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our team leads to remarkable visitor experiences.