In most circumstances, The Local Government Act requires that a Public Hearing be held before Council considers third reading and adoption of a Zoning Bylaw or an Official Community Plan (OCP) Bylaw or amendment. (Unless, as permitted under the Act, the Zoning Bylaw is consistent with the OCP and Council has waived holding a hearing.)
At least 10 days prior to a Public Hearing, the Village of Valemount will send a notice to property owners and occupiers within 100 meters of the subject property, and publish a notice in two consecutive editions of the local newspaper.
At the Public Hearing, all persons who consider their interest in property affected by a proposed Zoning or OCP Bylaw amendment will be given a reasonable opportunity to present their views to Council.
At the Public Hearing, all persons who consider their interest in property affected will be given an opportunity to be heard.
You may provide comments in the following ways:
Give a verbal presentation at the Public Hearing.
How to provide verbal comments:
• During the Public Submissions portion of the Public Hearing the Chair will call for comments from the public.
• Any member of the public may stand up and make a comment
• Comments must be made at the podium
• Begin by stating your name and area of residence
• Ensure that your comments are restricted to the item at hand.
Written submissions• Provide a written submission by mail;
• Provide a written submission by email (all email submissions must be sent to email@example.com); or
• Drop off your written feedback to the Village Office.
Written submissions will only be accepted up 12:00 pm the day of the Public Hearing.