In most circumstances, The Local Government Act requires that a Public Hearing be held before Council considers third reading and adoption of a Zoning Bylaw or an Official Community Plan (OCP) Bylaw or amendment. (Unless, as permitted under the Act, the Zoning Bylaw is consistent with the OCP and Council has waived holding a hearing.)
At least 10 days prior to a Public Hearing, the Village of Valemount will send a notice to property owners and occupiers within 100 meters of the subject property, and publish a notice in two consecutive editions of the local newspaper.
At the Public Hearing, all persons who consider their interest in property affected by a proposed Zoning or OCP Bylaw amendment will be given a reasonable opportunity to present their views to Council.
At the Public Hearing, all persons who consider their interest in property affected will be given an opportunity to be heard.
You may provide comments in the following ways:
- Give a verbal presentation at the Public Hearing;
Due to COVID-19 public is not able to attend or give verbal presentations at public hearings. Public Hearings are all live streamed on the "Villa Valemount" YouTube channel at this time. Comments can now be provided via the chat function of the YouTube Live Stream during the Public Hearing (You will need to sign into your YouTube account to submit comments via chat).
- Provide a written submission by mail;
- Provide a written submission by email (all email submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org); or
- Drop off your written feedback to the Village Office.
Written submissions will only be accepted up 12:00 pm the day of the Public Hearing.
The Village asks that you consider watching and participating in Public Hearings via electronic means for the time being. You may participate in the following ways:
- To watch the Public Hearing and Council meeting, no account is required, simply visit the Villa Valemount YouTube Channel during the Public Hearing.
- To submit a comment during the Public Hearing through YouTube, use the chat function below the video live stream. You will need an account in order to comment.