In most circumstances, The Local Government Act requires that a Public Hearing be held before Council considers third reading and adoption of a Zoning Bylaw or an Official Community Plan (OCP) Bylaw or amendment. (Unless, as permitted under the Act, the Zoning Bylaw is consistent with the OCP and Council has waived holding a hearing.)
At least 10 days prior to a Public Hearing, the Village of Valemount will send a notice to property owners and occupiers within 100 meters of the subject property, and publish a notice in two consecutive editions of the local newspaper.
At the Public Hearing, all persons who consider their interest in property affected by a proposed Zoning or OCP Bylaw amendment will be given a reasonable opportunity to present their views to Council.
Give a verbal presentation at the Public Hearing
How to provide verbal comments:
- During the Public Submissions portion of the Public Hearing the Chair will call for comments from the public.
- Any member of the public may stand up and make a comment
- Comments must be made at the podium
- Begin by stating your name and area of residence
- Ensure that your comments are restricted to the item at hand.
Provide a written submission by mail;
- Provide a written submission by email (all email submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org); or
- Drop off your written feedback to the Village Office.
Written submissions will only be accepted up 12:00 pm the day of the Public Hearing.