With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and an increasing amount of information and resources, we will be posting all of the information here. The Village of Valemount wants to ensure residents are receiving reliable information on novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Health officials have indicated that the spread of various illnesses – ranging from colds and flu to COVID-19 – can be prevented if people stay home when sick, properly wash their hands, and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched (such as door knobs, phones, keyboards, and hand-rails).
The Village will be working with and deferring to Local Health Authorities' recommendations regarding the COVID-19 situation in BC.
The Village Office is open to the public by appointment only.
We encourage the public to continue contacting us via phone or email; make payments through online banking, email transfer, or cheque.
When we re-open, here’s what you need to know:
- Masks are mandatory to enter the Village Office.
- At this time the Public will be required to maintain safe physical distancing based on Public Health Organization guidelines (markers on the floor will guide you).
- No more than two members of the public will be allowed in the Municipal Office at one time.
- Hand sanitization stations must be used as you enter the building.
- Visit the Municipal Office only as a last resort. Anyone with cold, flu, or COVID-19 symptoms must not come to the office and will be turned away.
We appreciate your patience and respect for the measures put in place to protect you, the community, and Village employees from the spread of COVID-19.
If you are attending via You Tube live stream:
- To WATCH Council Meetings no account is required, simply use the link above.
- To submit a COMMENT during the public comment portion of a Council Meeting, you will need to have a You Tube account. Once logged in you will use the chat function below the video live stream.
Trans Mountain Workers
You may notice increased presence of Trans Mountain workers in the community. The Village has been in contact with Trans Mountain regarding their protocols regarding COVID-19. Attached is Trans Mountain COVID-19 Protocols