Valemount 5 Business 5 Business Licensing

Business Licensing

Getting a business license is a simple process and is required of all businesses operating or offering their services in the Village of Valemount. The business license program ensures that businesses operating in Valemount comply with Village Bylaws and other regulations.



    Business License Fees



    Home Occupation
    Short Term Vacation Rental
    Bed and Breakfast
    Business License Transfer
    Non-profit Organizations


    Submitting your Application


    For a Regular Business Licenses, Home Occupation or Street Vendor Bus License please use the Regular Business license form. For a Short Term Vacation Rental or Bed and Breakfast please use the STVR/B&B application form. Your completed application form can be submitted by mail, email, fax or in person to the Village office.
    Required Approvals


    Village Staff will send your business license to some or all of the following departments for approval. Your application may also be referred to outside agencies as required. A business license will only be approved after all approvals are received.

    Department Description

    Important Documents/Links


    The Planning Department will assess whether the Zoning Bylaw allows for your proposed business activity. You may want to check with Planning before you buy property or sign a lease to ensure that you can run your type of business there.

    Community Planning,Development and Subdivision

    Building Inspection

    Are you renovating your place of business, or making alterations to plumbing or electrical? You may need building or plumbing permits or approval from the Village Building Inspector to ensure you meet building codes. Call the Building Inspector at 250-566-4435, or visit the Building Services page for more information.

    Building Services

    Fire Inspection

    If you operate out of a commercial space, or have clients visit your home-based business, you may require a fire inspection. To arrange an inspection, call 250-566-4435, and speak to the Building Inspector.


    Northern Health Authority

    You will require approval from Northern Health if you offer personal services including child care, food service or esthetics. For more information contact the Northern Health Office in Prince George.

    Northern Health

    Business License Renewals


    Active Business Licenses are to be renewed in January of each year. If there are any changes to your business license, please advise the front desk at the time of renewal. Business Owners are responsible for keeping all Village records with respect to their business up to date.
    License Transfers


    Certain changes to a business license require the completion and approval of a License Transfer. Changes requiring approval include, but are not limited to:

    • A change in location of the business premises,
    • A change to the business name,
    • A change to the controlling ownership interest,
    • A change to any term or condition on which the license was issued, or
    • A change that would increase the license fee prescribed for the business.